01 Jan 1950
Heinrich Schäfer is founding the company as a whole sale business selling buttons.
The office takes up some 60 square meters in the basement of his family home in Goldbach, near Aschaffenburg.
Office space downstairs has become too small for the entire staff so the business is relocating to Frohsinnstrasse in downtown Aschaffenburg.
The company is facing another move into a building in Weißenburger Strasse. In the light of further expansion this will be the company headquarter up to the year 1991.
The workforce now counts 10 staff members.
Horst Harrer – today a majority shareholder- joins the company filling the then newly created position as sales manager.
Transformation of the private company into a limited partnership.
Horst Harrer becomes a shareholder and is appointed Managing Director.
Knopf-Schäfer sees more growth in the fashion-crazy 80s.
Collections are growing larger and buttons – dictated by fashion – are becoming more sophisticated.
Again, premises have become far too small.
The new company headquarters are now established at the present address in the industrial zone of Nilkheim – nicely set up in a modern and spacious company building.
Foundation of the subsidiary Button-House in Hong Kong. Export shares are growing rapidly at the same time.
New European and international markets are being entered with great success.
Company founder Heinrich Schäfer passes away in October, aged 80.
Button-House Hong Kong – which has meanwhile grown to become a significant business in Asia – celebrates its 10th company anniversary.
Knopf-Schäfer celebrates its 60th company anniversary.
Oliver Harrer and Stefan Schäfer are appointed Managing Directors and now form the Corporate Management together with Horst Harrer.
Knopf Schäfer GmbH is awarded with the certificate for good credit rating "CrefoZert" which confirms the outstanding creditworthiness of the business.